What is Lawrence Park Community Church All About?
June 20, 2017
One of the most common questions that I am asked as a minister is, “What is your church all about, anyway?” Well, this is a good time to ask! We’ve spent the past year planning a few new initiatives, and as part of that process, I have (with the congregation’s help!) put together a summary of who we are. Check it out. And check us out. We’d love to have you visit.
We Are United, Unlimited, Unorthodox!
We are an intergenerational and multiethnic church where people of all ages are involved. We are an affirming and welcoming church for people of all sexes, genders, and orientations. Our community is marked by mutual caring and joy. We worship together, do social action on behalf of our neighbours together, and like to be together. We are part of the United Church of Canada.
We are growing! Members and staff effectively share our story all over Toronto. We financially support and engage in social justice. We express gratitude easily.
We do not presume to have arrived when it comes to our spirituality. We are not beholden to traditional ideas about theology. We welcome thought-provoking discussion of new ideas and dreams. We pursue a morality rooted in love of neighbour rather than rules and regulations.
We Have a Vision
LPCC is a vital Toronto community hub with a welcoming congregation of diverse believers and doubters:
· We happily explore spiritual and moral thinking without fear of judgement.
· We support social justice in Canada and abroad financially and by volunteering.
· We nurture our younger members to become well rounded, good people who join us in serving our community
· We try to love each other as Jesus showed us how, and forgive each other when we fall short
· We offer inspiring and beautiful worship and music
· We live an ethic of good stewardship of our environment, our resources, our finances
· We always enjoy talking over coffee or tea before and after services, as well as at Sunday meals together.
Well, that’s not the whole story, of course. If you would like to read a blog post (a bit tongue-in-cheek) about who we are and what we’re about, check out this article http://www.lawrenceparkchurch.ca/who-are-we/pages/twenty-two-reasons-not-to-give-up-on-my-church! And if you would like to see for yourself, join us for worship at 10:30 on Sunday mornings!