Covid Protocol for Lawrence Park Community Church
We are opening up the Church for Sunday Service and we are excited about the opportunity to meet together at the church again. The church will err on the side of caution and we will continue the guidelines that we set back in October 2021. Please review these guidelines as you consider joining us in person.
Due to regulations from the Toronto Public health department, our seating capacity is limited.
60 congregants may attend services at this time, along with an additional 10 staff. ·
If you want to attend a service, please contact Allison at firstname.lastname@example.org
or call 416-489-1551. Since seating is limited, you may be on the waitlist for the next week’s
service. We will let you know. ·
Do not attend an in-person gathering at the church if any of the following conditions apply:
o You have had a fever of 100.4 F (38.4C) or higher in the past 14 days
o You have had exposure to someone who has tested positive for COVID-19
o You have any medical reason you believe you shouldn’t be around others
o You have not been double vaccinated or received your booster shot.
Effective February 24, 2022, Lawrence Park Community Church will require all church guests and visitors to show proof of the two doses of the COVID-19 vaccine plus their booster to attend any in-person services or events at the church held indoors. The certificate known as the vaccine passport is required ( available from Ontario Health: https://covid19.ontariohealth.ca)
* You will be required to wear a mask while in the building. Please consult the CDC and NCDHHS guidance on mask wearing. ·
* You will be contacted on Saturday prior to the Sunday Service to be screened by the staff at Lawrence Park Community Church. ·
* We are doing our best to accommodate social distancing. Chairs have been arranged in the sanctuary with this in mind. You will be assigned your seating and we ask that you sit where you are assigned when you arrive.
* Remain seated after service until your area is dismissed. We will dismiss area by area. We will ask you to leave by the side door in the rear of the sanctuary out to the parking lot. You may also exit into the courtyard. Staff will be there to guide you. ·
* Practice social distancing always (even during worship). ·
* Bathrooms will be open. Use the restroom before service, if possible. If you must use the restroom during service, please use the one in the located in the hall across from Allison’s office. ·
* Try to keep indoor fellowship to a minimum before and after service. We have set up space for you to connect in the courtyard. ·
* Please use the hand sanitizer stations located in the Gathering Hall and Sanctuary. ·
* The Church Bulletin will be on your seat. ·
* Please do not sing in the Sanctuary. ·
* Please sign up for online giving or send us your donation by eTransfer to LPCC@lawrenceparkchurch.ca. Contact Michael Larkin if you have any questions about donating to the church.
* Our HVAC system has been deep cleaned and the filters we use have the same filtration as the N95 masks (0.3 microns). ·
* Hand-sanitizing stations will be available throughout the building. ·
* All high-volume areas will be thoroughly sanitized before and after service. ·
* No hospitality food or beverages will be offered. ·
* We will not be passing the collection plates. ·
* All seatback materials, papers and hymn books have been removed. ·
* We will follow a specific traffic flow in and out of the sanctuary. Floors have been marked and our greeters and ushers will guide you as you enter and exit.
Sunday School will continue online with Amye Sager at 11 a.m. If you would like your child to join this group, please contact Allison at email@example.com for the Zoom login code.
Our livestream service will continue on Zoom. We encourage you to continue attending online if we have reached our capacity in the sanctuary, you or a family member doesn’t feel well, or if you’re just not ready to attend church in the sanctuary. You’re part of the LPCC family no matter how you choose to attend!
It’s important for all of us to consider the following: The novel coronavirus, COVID-19, has been declared a worldwide pandemic by the World Health Organization and is reported to be extremely contagious. The state of medical knowledge is ever-evolving, but the virus is believed to spread from person-to-person contact and/or by contact with contaminated surfaces and objects, and even in the air. People reportedly can be infected and show no symptoms and therefore spread the disease. Evidence has shown that COVID-19 can cause serious and potentially life-threatening illnesses and even death. Lawrence Park Community Church cannot prevent me or my family members from becoming exposed to, contracting, or spreading COVID-19 while on the Church’s property or when participating in the Church’s programs. Therefore, by entering the Lawrence Park Community Church facility or participating in one of its programs, I acknowledge that I may be exposing myself and my family members to and/or increasing my/our risk of contracting or spreading COVID-19.